Thai Peanut Grilled Chicken


This is one of my experimental recipes where I was sitting one fine evening wondering what to do with my life and I thought, "Oh lets try out some new recipe". Now I had chicken satay running across my grey cells but then I was not in the mood for chicken satay. So I thought why not twist the recipe a bit and experiment with some different spices. 
So I just randomly threw in a few ingredients which I thought would go well together and voila.. this brilliant recipe was brought to life.

Try it out for yourself and treat your taste buds.

Ingredients:

  1. 1 kg chicken
  2. 1/3 cup plain peanuts
  3. 3-4 dry red chillies
  4. 1 n 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns (whole)
  5. 2 inch cinnamon stick
  6. 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
  7. 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
  8. 2 tsp Garlic paste
  9. 1/2 a lemon
  10. 1 tbsp honey
  11. 1 tsp salt (as per taste)
Optional
  • 1 cup boiled or fresh spinach for stuffing

STEPS:

  • Take a pan and dry roast the ingredients from number 2 to 7. Once the Peanuts appear slightly charred take the ingredients off the heat and transfer it to a grinder. 
  • Grind the ingredients into a coarse powder.

  • Wash the chicken and then score it so that the marination is done well.
  • Put all ingredients i.e. the freshly ground powder, garlic paste, honey, lemon juice and salt on the chicken and then coat the chicken well.

  • Leave this for marination for atleast 2-3 hrs in the refrigerator.

  • Once marination is complete fire up a barbecue and place the chicken pieces on the grill once it is hot.
  • Cook the chicken on both sides turning it every 5-10 mins depending on how hot the barbecue is.
  • Once the chicken is cooked from the inside and has a slight char to it, take it off the barbecue and serve hot.
  • Serve it with mayonnaise or any dip of your choice.

Optional:

For the purpose of experimentation I had stuffed the chicken breasts with spinach. So you can do that too if you want to experiment. Stuff the chicken in the scores during the marination stage and cook as usual.




Comments

Popular Posts